Integrity is one of the most important traits in business, and when it comes to the real estate industry having integrity in every aspect of our job is absolutely essential.
Everyone knows these top tips go without saying – but how many people actually live by them?
1. Respect. Whatever their background, social status, or personality, everyone deserves to be treated with the utmost respect. People remember those who give them their full attention – even if it is only for a fleeting moment.
2. Honesty. All of us are born with an innate desire for honesty and truth. None of us like to be deceived. It’s a great thing when we are among people who are straight up and transparent.
3. Integrity. If you say you are going to do something, then do it. If you promise something, then go through with it. We all love people who we can trust and rely on. Watch our words. If we can’t do what we say, then don’t bother saying it.
4. Love what you do. If you are waking each day to work in an area you loathe, why do it? When we love what we do, success comes naturally. Each of us are equipped, gifted and talented in certain things – so find what illuminates your heart, then go and do it!
Don’t spend your whole life doing something you don’t enjoy. Why? Because people notice – and more than that, you deserve better. Take the risk and realise your true calling. It’s never to late.
5. Work hard. Stay focused on your vision and set SMART goals to achieve it i.e. Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time bound.
Without vision we settle for less than we are capable of. Account for every hour in the day and don’t waste time. Laziness has never been the friend of a successful person.
Take every fall as a lesson and don’t allow yourself to be knocked down by anyone. Stand firm!
And above all, remember this…